Let’s Vote for Vicente Sarmiento
for Orange County Board of Supervisors, District 2
Vicente Sarmiento is Santa Ana’s Mayor. He led the way for more affordable housing, renter protections, and protecting undocumented immigrants through a legal defense fund.
He is also an attorney working on bankruptcy law and local nonprofits, and previously Santa Ana’s City Councilmember. He is the child of Bolivian immigrants.
- help homeless people find shelters and get rehabilitation and health services
- improve health and wellness services in underserved communities
- open communication, transparency and accountability
- Katrina Foley, Orange County Board of Supervisors, District 2
- United Food & Commercial Workers (UFCW) Local 324
- Planned Parenthood Community Action Fund of Orange County and San Bernardino Counties
What does a Supervisor do?
The Orange County Board of Supervisors manages the government at the county level. Services of the county government include public health, foster care, job training, and administration of social service programs such as Medi-Cal or CalFresh (EBT). The County manages a budget of $8 billion to administer these services.
For example, a Supervisor’s commitment to mental health can mean the difference between an underfunded and understaffed public mental health program that takes months to assign a caseworker, or one that meets the needs of the community.