Vote for Kathleen Treseder
for Irvine City Council
Kathleen Treseder is a professor teaching Biology and Climate Change at UC Irvine. She worked with groups to establish the renewable energy program OC Power Authority. Her programs help college sexual violence victims and women and marginalized groups in Orange County.
- a clean and sustainable environment
- a strong economic and job market recovery from COVID-19
- transparency in government
- U.S. Representative Katie Porter (CA-45)
- Katrina Foley, Orange County Board of Supervisors, District 2
- College Democrats of UC Irvine
What does a City Council member do in Irvine?
Irvine has four City Council members and a Mayor. City Council members establish city policy, pass ordinances, and vote on the budget. The Council appoints a City Manager, who oversees the administration of the city.
They manage the government at the city level, including services like parks, police, firefighters, housing, emergency medical services, roads and transportation.
Every two years, the mayor and two city council members are elected at-large. Of the 6 candidates running for City Council in 2022, the two candidates who get the most votes will be elected.